The name of the organization is CONWAY LEAGUE OF ARTISTS (Conway, Arkansas), formerly Brush and Palette Club.
The organization was formed in December 1973, to bring together individuals in the community with an interest in fine arts and a willingness to combine their talents to help build confidence and stimulate interest in the quality and quantity of their artwork by sponsoring educational programs and exhibition opportunities.
Dues are payable on July 1st of each year or at the time of admission.
Membership in this organization shall be open to any person at least 18 years of age, paying dues as follows:
1. Participating Member ($25.00): Members in good standing will have the right to vote, to show in League sponsored shows, to serve on committees and hold elected and/or appointed office.
2. Associate Member ($5.00): A non-exhibiting spouse or companion associated with a Participating or Honorary Member who wishes to attend meetings, help with shows and assist
committees. Associate Member has no vote or holds no elected office.
3. Honorary Membership (No Dues): Honorary Membership is given at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Honorary Members have all the rights and privileges of Participating Members.
4. Student Member ($5.00): Student Members are ages 16 to 18. He or she may participate in all League activities.
Neither the CONWAY LEAGUE OF ARTISTS, its members or officials, nor any establishment where art is displayed or its employees, management or customers are responsible for loss or damage of any kind to any artwork.
Each member is responsible for any exhibition fees or commissions charged for sales of artwork and for the collection and payment of any taxes involved.
Membership in the League may be revoked by a three-fourths vote of the elected Board.
The Executive Board will consist of President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The terms of office shall be one (1) year and those elected may serve a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms without a break in service. Officers will be elected by vote of the members at the June meeting.
1. The President (and/or Co-President) will preside at all meetings and will be the spokesperson for the organization. He or she will appoint committees and provide leadership for the organization.
2. The Vice-President will preside in the absence of the President, will act as assistant to the President, and be responsible for the arrangement and co-ordination of all programs and workshops.
3. The Secretary will keep an accurate record of all meetings and make these records available at each monthly meeting and will email a copy of the minutes from the previous month to each Board member within one week. These minutes will be presented at the next Board meeting for approval by the Board members. The permanent records shall be passed on to the next Secretary at the end of the current term.
4. The Treasurer will keep a record of all monies received and deposited in the League’s bank account and of all disbursements. The Treasurer will pay all authorized expenses of the League by check, will maintain accurate records and will make a report at every Board meeting and at any other time when asked to do so by the President.
The Board of Directors shall consist of the Executive Board and the Appointed Officers plus two (2) Members at-Large, appointed by the Executive Board when the new officers are installed at the July meeting. The Board will appoint members to fill the non-elected positions of Publicity Chairperson, Show Chairperson, Membership Chairperson, Historian, Newsletter Editor and the Web Manager(s)
Non-elected (appointed) positions:
1. The Publicity Chairperson will be responsible for all printed publicity, notifying newspaper and magazines of upcoming shows and events.
2. The Show Chairperson shall plan and execute an art exhibit in the spring and one in the fall, working with a committee appointed by the President. All plans and budgets must be presented to the Board for approval before publication.
3. The Membership Chairperson will be in charge of maintaining and making available to the Board a current list of all member’s names, addresses, phone numbers and emails at all times. The Membership Chairperson and the Treasurer will work together to maintain an accurate list of members in good standing.
4. The Historian will keep copies of news clippings, etc. pertaining to the League and its members, will take photos as needed and provide a display of photos at meetings.
5. The Newsletter Editor will publish a digital newsletter and other correspondence provided by members in good standing, program announcements, events and other items of interest to members.
6. The Web Manager(s) will manage, maintain, and update the League website.
7. The Member-at-Large does not have specific, assigned duties but is available to oversee special projects or assume responsibilities as needed to assist the President in serving the members of the League.
Parliamentary Procedure, as set out in the most current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order, will be followed at all League meetings.
A copy of any proposed amendments or changes to the bylaws must be provided to each member of the Board at least a week prior to the meeting at which they will be voted upon by the Board members who are present. The proposed amendment(s) or change(s) must receive approval by sixty (60) percent of the voters, including both the elected and appointed Board members.
Each member shall be provided with a copy of the current bylaws.
Membership meetings will be held on the second Tuesday of each month at a place and time designated by the President. Adequate notice will be given of changes in time or place of meeting.
At the May meeting each year, a Nominating Committee will be established by the presiding officer. Election of officers will be held at the June meeting from a list of candidates provided by the Committee or from nominations from the floor. New officers will be installed at the July meeting and will assume their duties at
The League is a self-sustaining membership organization with dues and fees going into the treasury for use in payment of reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the activities of the League.
June 6, 2017
Conway League of Artists Bylaws revisions and amendments were finalized by vote of the Board.